Mississippi art and landscapes

Welcome! Join me for an adventure into the art of creating...







Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Christmas and happy painting!






I am so embarrassed. I came to view my blog and realized that I have been neglecting it for soooo long! Well, the fall has been really busy with work and creating in my studio. In October, we hosted a Halloween bash for family members, it was really fabulous! The weather was pretty nice at 54 degrees and how w0nderful that we had a full mo0n that night. I plan on having a bigger deal next year. Afterall, this time around I only had 3 weeks to get everything together. Nothing like last minute parties! My husband David, took this wonderful photo of the moon in October.


Been busy creating new paintings too. Mostly, I have been working on a series of old sheds and barns that are scattered across the landscape here in Mississippi. They have such history and each have alot of character. Oh, the tales they could tell! I wonder when I see them, how old they are, and how many animals that they once were home to; as several of them are now falling in. I am still working on my ink and watercolor original tree art~will have many more to post, after the first of the year.



Oh, well, I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping. Hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday and new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment